Make GTA San Andreas Look More Like GTA IV

May 1st, 2008 by WordPlop

Although Grand Theft Auto IV is out, many people won’t be able to play it because they don’t own an Xbox 360 or a Playstation 3. So for those of us with a PC version of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, here are some mods that will make it look more like Grand Theft Auto IV.

You might need a good computer to run some of these mods, as they use much higher quality textures. I have an 8800GTS, 4GB of memory, and a Core 2 Duo processor, yet the game still lags a bit for me when in heavy fog in a crowded area with all graphical settings turned to maximum.

Be careful when modding your game, as it might corrupt your install. If anything gets corrupted, you will probably just have to reinstall, but you might lose your saved games. You are on your own when installing mods, and I am not responsible for any data loss that you may cause.

San Andreas Retextured 3

This mod includes textures for most everything in San Andreas. It also includes some new sounds for the weapons and high resolution weapon textures. I wasn’t able to test out the car quality and sounds as I have custom cars already installed. This mod left my previous modded cars untouched. This is one of the best mods because it is so detailed. Train tracks look photo realistic in San Fierro, and the textures everywhere are very high quality and high resolution. The new weapon sounds are more realistic too, and the weapon skins are great. Download this mod here.

San Andreas Multiplayer

This is a well known mod that gives San Andreas a multiplayer option. SA-MP, in short, lets you play with up to 200 people from anywhere in the world. There are several fun game types. This mod has been a little buggy for me, but it’s still a ton of fun. But the amazing thing is you get all of this in just around 3.5MB – now that’s some great coding! Download this mod here.

10x Draw Distance

This mod increases the draw distance ten times. Pretty self explanatory. This makes the game more realistic. This one will really slow down your system, especially if you’re flying in the clouds. Download this mod here.

Individual skins for vehicles, aircraft, buildings, and everything else

You can skin each car, boat, airplane, helicopter, person, building, and just about everything else in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. Check out The GTA Place for hundreds of individual skins.

These mods will greatly increase the visual quality of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. Of course it still won’t be like GTA IV since it has new physics, a new city, and many more new features, but at least now you won’t have to cringe when looking at the terrible (by today’s standards) graphics in San Andreas.

If you know of any other good GTA San Andreas mods, post them below.

Posted in Gaming

21 Responses to “Make GTA San Andreas Look More Like GTA IV”

1. reaLIBeliX says:

Well there is a mods like Niko Bellic v2 where you can get Niko mod + GTA4 clothes, there is a GTA4 mod for GTA san andreas, where you are Niko + ENB graphics + Liberty City (GTA3).

2. Netinterspac says:

Take a look at ENB Series and SA Vehicles Update

3. Snowey says:

Add the euphoria engine and its GTA IV 😀

4. Ayie says:

Can you give me the extracted gta4 file of player model like its cloth,skin,hands,head in the original files. in wtf or anything.And give that to my e-mail or the link.Can you give me that file in .dff format?

5. Ayie says:

Also i hope that you can convert the gta4 files like its cars,bikes,boats,helicopters,and all the modeling file into .dff. Now I collecting that file to make the gtasa look like gta4 really.I will give you the file when i have finished the progress.Hope you all can help and cooperate with me

sorry for the english.i from Malaysia.

Plz give me the files.If u help me,I will give you the files freely.no pay for money.I telling the truth.

6. Brian says:

Also I would like to raise MTA to your attention, http://mtasa.com/, they’ve just released their version 1.0 and it’s great, it got me back into San Andreas, as much as I enjoy GTA IV.

7. I cant wait for GTA V !!!

8. Aadesh Kachroo says:

i would like to have animals includes horse,dog,cat,cow,hen,donkey,lion,tiger,rabbit,snake,elephant,wolf,monkey etc. in GTA san andreas.pls tell me such mods in details.

9. Sam says:

Almost finished downloading retextured 3 can u make a video on what it’s lie with them all running and your exact pc specs

10. jay says:

Will the San Andreas Retextured 3 work with SA MP?

11. lenvin says:

Add Ultra thing for gta sa

12. obama's elf says:

are these mods compatible with each other?

13. Osama Bin Laden's bitch says:

Ok, if you really want a good gta 4 to gta san andreas mod watch this video

14. Ian says:

Did you know GTA IV is now for the PC but don’t bother finding it it is nowhere to be found

15. WordPlop says:

Ian, it’s been out since 2008… And you can find it anywhere, it’s even on Steam.

16. hamza says:

why u all not buy gta 4 either than converting gta sa.

17. SiLenT says:

@hamza some people find San Andreas better. There is just more to do in it than whats available on GTA 4, Good luck flying a jet on GTA4 without some major modding.

18. TECHYGOD says:

I HAVE EVERYTHING ELSE EXCEPT THE TEXTURES BUT IT STILL LOOKS LIKE GTA 4,THE MODS I HAVE ARE GTA IV VEHICLES PACK ,NIKO BELLIC HD ,ENBSERIES FOR RESIDENT EVIL 4 WITH EVERYTHING DISABLED([PROXY]
    EnableProxyLibrary=0
    [DEPTHOFFIELD]
    DOFQuality=1
    DOFNumberOfPasses=2
    DOFFocusRange=50
    DOFBlurinessRange=30
    [PLUGIN]
    WeatherMod=1),BULLETHOLE MOD,HELMET,OVERDOSE,SMASH THROUGH WINDOW,GTA 4 ROADS,PROJECT REALITY SA BLACK MOD,ONE MORE THING IF YOU GET GTA IV VEHICLES PACK DO NOT DO WHAT IT TELLS YOU USE ALCI’S IMAGE EDITOR AND REPLACE ALL THE GTA SA VEHICLES WITH GTA 4 VEHICLES (WARNING: DO NOT REPLACE GTA.DAT)I WILL KEEP ON REPORTING

19. Mark says:

Hi guys, just wondering – how can I install these mods? Is there anything special that I need to do, or can I simply load the mods from inside the game?

And also, does GTA SA work ok for windows 7 64 bit? I am about to go out now and buy GTA SA

20. alfan™ says:

please visit http://www.maulasebastian.blogspot.com
    In this website, there are plenty of mod gta sa, and tips for better graphics gta sa.
    sorry for my bad english. 🙂