10 biggest mistakes people make when choosing a water heater!
When it comes to water heaters, bigger is not always better. It’s easy to make costly mistakes when selecting a new water heater, so doing some research and understanding the various types of heating systems available will help you find the right one for your home or business. Here are 10 of the biggest mistakes people make when choosing a water heater in Manchester, NH:
- Not considering energy efficiency: Many factors determine how energy efficient a water heater is, including the size, type, and installation. A qualified professional can help you find the most energy-efficient model for your needs.
- Choosing a boiler that’s too large: Oversizing your boiler will increase your monthly utility bill and reduce its lifespan.
- Not installing an expansion tank: An expansion tank prevents pressure buildup inside the boiler, which can damage pipes and other components of your system.
- Ignoring important safety features: Water heaters must have safety features such as relief valves, fail-safe temperature devices, and other mechanisms to prevent fires or explosions due to extreme temperatures or pressure buildups.
- Forgetting to insulate: Proper insulation can reduce energy costs and improve performance.
- Not getting a professional installation: A licensed plumber is the only person qualified to install and repair a water heater properly.
- Neglecting maintenance: Scheduling regular maintenance can help you identify potential problems before they become major problems, saving you time and money in the long run.
- Not taking advantage of rebate programs: Many local utilities offer rebates on certain types of water heaters that are energy efficient and meet specific requirements.
- Choosing the wrong fuel source: Electric, gas, propane, or oil-fired boilers all have their pros and cons, so be sure to choose the one that’s best for your needs.
- Not researching warranties: Most water heaters come with a warranty, but the length and terms of coverage vary by manufacturer. Be sure to read through the fine print before making your purchase or while getting water heaters installation in Bedford, NH.
Now, let us brief you on the best solutions for your water heater needs. There are many factors to consider when selecting a system.
- Know your needs: Do you need a small water heater for a single-family home or a large one for an apartment building?
- Consider energy efficiency: Look for features like tank insulation and energy-saving valves that can reduce your monthly utility bill.
- Shop around: Compare prices, warranties, and customer reviews to find the best deal on a new water heater.
- Get professional installation: A qualified plumber will be able to install your system safely and correctly, ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
- Take advantage of available rebates: Many local utilities offer rebates on certain types of water heaters that are energy efficient and meet specific requirements—be sure to research these offers before making your decision.
- Schedule regular maintenance: Regular maintenance can help you identify potential problems before they become major.
- Know your warranty coverage: Most water heaters come with a warranty, so be sure to read through the fine print before making a purchase.
- Choose the right fuel source: Gas, electric, propane, or oil-fired boilers all have their pros and cons, so be sure to choose the one that’s best for your needs.
- Consider the location: Make sure the water heater you choose is compatible with your home’s heating system and that it can be installed in a safe and accessible area.
- Install an expansion tank: An expansion tank can help prevent damage to your plumbing system in the event of a thermal expansion.
At LHR Plumbing & Heating, we understand that choosing the right water heater for your home or business is a big decision. That’s why our team of experienced technicians is here to help you make the most educated choice possible. We are always up-to-date on the latest technology and products available, so you know you’re getting the best advice and quality service when it comes to selecting a water heating system. Our team is available 24/7 for emergency water heater repairs and installations and we guarantee our work. So if you’re ready to invest in a new system, give us a call today at (603) 270-9224 for more information!