The holidays are a special time of year when we get to enjoy spending time with family and friends, exchanging gifts, and decorating our homes. One of the most popular ways to show holiday cheer is by hanging up Christmas lights. While many people wait until December to start putting up their lights, we think it’s a great idea to get a head start on the holiday decorating by installing your lights early!
Not only will this give you a head start on the competition, but it will also ensure that your lights are up and running before the holiday rush. Plus, if you plan ahead and install your lights early, you’ll have more time to enjoy them throughout the holiday season!
If you’re wondering how to get started, we’ve got you covered. Below, we’ve outlined everything you need to know about early Christmas light installation and planning with Blingle! Read on!
When is the ideal time to start your lighting project planning?
Ideally, you should start your lighting project planning as soon as possible! This way, you’ll have plenty of time to figure out what kind of lights you want to use, where you want to put them up, and how you want to power them. Plus, if you start early, you can take advantage of some lighting professionals’ early bird discounts!
What are some design themes you can consider for your Christmas light installation and planning?
Some popular design themes for Christmas lights include:
- Twinkling lights in white, green, and red
- Icicle lights hanging from the gutters
- Larger lights in shapes such as stars or snowflakes
- A single color scheme, such as all white or all blue.
- Mounted spotlights shine on the house.
- A nativity scene
- Lights wrapped around trees or shrubs
If you want your lighting system to be done in the most superior way possible, then don’t hesitate to ask Blingle! lighting experts. They can be a solid partner in terms of lighting design planning, installation, and maintenance at friendly prices.
What are the lighting techniques you must employ?
Some of the best lighting techniques you can use for your Christmas light installation and planning include:
- The technique of light layering: this is when you use a variety of light types and sizes to create depth and interest in your display.
- The technique of light grouping: this is when you group lights together to create a certain effect. For example, you might group all of the white lights together and then all of the blue lights together.
- The technique of light movement: this is when you use lights that move or twinkle to add excitement to your display.
Tips on choosing your lighting fixtures and placement techniques:
#1. Know what type would fit you most!
When it comes to choosing your lighting fixtures and techniques, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, consider what kind of light bulbs you want to use. There are many different types of light bulbs available on the market, so take some time to research which ones would be best for your needs.
Examples are :
- LED bulbs: These are becoming increasingly popular because they’re energy-efficient and long-lasting. They also don’t produce as much heat as other types of light bulbs, so they’re safer to use around your home.
- Incandescent light bulbs: These are the traditional light bulbs that have been used for years. They’re not as energy-efficient as LED light bulbs, but they’re less expensive.
- CFL light bulbs: These light bulbs are similar to incandescent light bulbs in terms of price and lifespan. However, they’re more energy efficient.
#2. Think about their proper placement, as well!
Next, think about where you want to place your lights. Will they be mounted on the house, wrapped around trees, or placed in the garden? Once you’ve decided where you want to put your lights, it’s time to start planning the installation process. You can ask the pros to handle the placement techniques and systems because they are the best at that.
#3. Mind your light source!
Finally, consider how you want to power your light display. Will you use batteries, solar power, or plug them into an outlet? Each option has its benefits and drawbacks, so choose the one that would work best for your needs.
#4. Get your budget all set up!
Of course, you also need to think about your budget when planning your light display. Christmas lights can be a bit pricey, so make sure you have a good idea of how much you’re willing to spend before you start shopping.
If you’re looking for ways to save money on your light display, consider using LED light bulbs or solar-powered light fixtures. These choices can be quite hefty upfront, but they are bound to save you substantial funds down the road.
What are the steps in lighting installation by professionals?
If you’re looking for a hassle-free light installation and planning experience, then you should definitely hire a professional lighting company. Here are the steps they typically take:
- Schedule a consultation: The first step is to schedule a consultation with the lighting company. During this meeting, they’ll assess your needs and come up with a plan for the installation.
- Choose your light fixtures: Once you’ve decided on a plan, it’s time to choose your light fixtures. The lighting company will help you select the right fixtures for your home and budget.
- Install the light fixtures: After you’ve selected your light fixtures, the lighting company will install them for you. They’ll also test the fixtures to make sure they’re working properly.
- Enjoy your new light display: Once the installation is complete, you’ll be able to enjoy your new light display!
Lighting installation might seem like a daunting endeavor, but with the help of a professional lighting company, it can be easy and stress-free. Follow the steps, tips, and techniques mentioned above to ensure a smooth and successful light installation and planning in your home. Don’t drag yourself around anymore, go and make your space feel like a Christmas haven today!