Water Heater Repair in Barnegat, NJ: 10 Ways to Avoid a Water Heater Disaster
Water heater repair is an unfortunate necessity that many homeowners will eventually have to face. The cost of replacing a broken or malfunctioning water heater can be significant and inconvenient. Fortunately, proactive maintenance and awareness of common problems can help you avoid this expensive problem. Here are 10 ways to help ensure your water heater continues to provide hot water for years to come.
- Check the Anode Rod: The anode rod is connected to the top of your water heater tank and serves as a sacrificial metal that prevents corrosion inside the tank. Over time, the anode rod becomes depleted and must be replaced to prevent rusting in your tank which could lead to leaks or other damage. Inspect it annually and replace it if necessary. When you hire the best water heater repair in Barnegat, NJ, they will check the anode rod for you.
- Inspect the Temperature and Pressure Relief Valve: The temperature and pressure relief (T&P) valve is designed to release pressure buildup if your water heater’s internal temperature or pressure becomes too high. This valve should be checked annually for proper function, as a malfunctioning T&P valve can lead to catastrophic failure of your water heater, including bursts or explosions.
- Drain Your Tank: By draining your tank at least once each year you can remove sediment build-up which could cause damage over time, reducing the lifespan of your water heater. Additionally, this process can help maintain efficiency by ensuring that heat from the burner isn’t lost through sediment accumulation on the bottom of the tank.
- Flush the Tank: To ensure your water heater is running as efficiently as possible, it’s important to flush it out regularly. This process involves draining five gallons of hot water out of the tank and replacing it with cold water. The entire process should take no more than 15 minutes.
- Insulate Your Water Heater: Adding insulation to your water heater will help maintain its temperature by reducing heat loss from the sides of the tank. This can also reduce energy costs by making your system more efficient. Be sure to use insulation specifically designed for a water heater, and follow all safety instructions when installing or handling insulation materials.
- Check the Power Supply: Make sure that you have enough power supply to support your water heater. If the supply is too low, it can cause damage to the unit and lead to costly repairs.
- Check for Leaks: Inspecting all of your plumbing connections for leaks regularly can help avoid costly water damage down the road. This should include looking for drips or puddles around the base of your water heater tank. Scheduling tankless water heater maintenance in Barnegat, NJ can help you keep an eye on potential leaks.
- Replace Your Water Heater Regularly: Depending on usage and other factors, a standard water heater typically lasts 8-12 years. Replacing yours on schedule will ensure that you’re not caught off guard by an unexpected breakdown in the middle of winter when temperatures are at their lowest.
- Ventilation: Proper ventilation is essential for the operation of your water heater. Make sure that there is adequate airflow and no obstructions near the unit to ensure proper functioning.
- Hire a Professional: For maintenance, inspection, or repair needs, it’s best to hire a qualified professional in Barnegat NJ who can accurately diagnose and fix any issues you may have with your water heater.
By following these tips for water heater repair in Barnegat NJ, you can help avoid an expensive disaster down the line and keep your hot water running smoothly year-round. If any problems do arise, don’t hesitate to contact a local plumbing expert to get them resolved quickly and efficiently.
Plumber Near Me – Your Local Water Heater Experts in Barnegat, NJ!
Our team is always available to answer any questions or concerns you may have about hot water heaters and their maintenance. With several s of experience, we make sure that all our customers receive the best service possible when it comes to keeping their hot water running smoothly and efficiently. Call Plumber Near Me team now at (609) 618-6836 for a free consultation regarding your water heater or any other plumbing issue you may be facing. Let us put our expertise and training to work for you! We look forward to hearing from you.