Setting Up an E-Commerce Business in Thailand: 5 Tips to Ensure Success
Thailand is one of the most popular destinations for digital nomads and there are many reasons for this; the tropical climate, the strong economy, low cost of living and the high level of infrastructure, to name but a few. Many people come for a holiday, become smitten and decide to relocate to the Land of Smiles and who could blame them?
Here are a few tips to help you transform your life by creating an e-store in Thailand.
- Digital marketing – Hooking up with the best digital marketing company in Thailand will lead to high volumes of site traffic; Don’t make the mistake of thinking you can do without digital marketing, it is not an optional extra and setting aside a monthly SEO budget will drive a lot of web traffic to your store. There are several powerful strategies you can employ; search engine optimization and social media marketing are both tried and tested ways to achieve the traffic you need to turn a profit.
- Use a Thai server – You should keep all your IT services in-country, Bangkok is home to top web hosting providers and SEO agencies and hosting your e-store is both safe and cost-effective. As your new business is registered in Thailand, your site should be hosted in Bangkok, which makes accounting simpler and might even save you some money.
- Logistics – The best solution is to outsource picking, packing and delivery to a leading 3PL provider, who has the resources to ensure fast delivery and they can handle high volumes of orders; Google can help you locate a Bangkok-based 3PL company, then you simply forward your orders to their warehouse and they will be fulfilled in a timely and professional manner. Click here for reasons why web traffic is merely a numbers game.
- Hire an English-speaking lawyer – Registering a business in a non-English speaking country is more than a little complex and the last thing you need to do is break the law! There are many business sectors open to foreigners and the lawyer can check with the Thai Board of Investment (BOI) to see what benefits there are for foreign investment.
- Outsource everything – If you outsource all your business needs, you can manage everything from your laptop. There’s no need to be in the city; you could spend a few weeks on a tropical; island in the South of Thailand and what’s not to like about that! A single provider can handle web design, construction, hosting and administration and most award-winning SEO agencies offer all the IT services you will ever need.
If you’re planning to spend a few years in Thailand, the sooner you get to grips with the language, the better. Of course, in Bangkok and tourist areas, English is widely spoken, but not in the provinces; besides, you can only gain an insight into Thai culture by speaking with the locals.