10 Common Plumbing Problems in Mesquite, TX!
Plumbing problems can be a hassle to deal with, especially in the Mesquite, Texas area. Whether it’s clogged drains, leaking pipes, or plumbing fixtures that need repair or replacing, there are several common plumbing problems to be aware of. In this article, we will discuss 10 common Mesquite, TX plumbing issues that commonly arise and what you can do to help prevent them.
- Clogged Drains – Clogged drains are one of the most common plumbing problems in Mesquite due to the hard water and other elements present in the water supply. Buildup from sediment and minerals can accumulate over time and cause your pipes to become clogged, leading to slow drainage and potential overflow. Regular maintenance such as using drain cleaners and drain snakes can help prevent clogged drains.
- Leaking Pipes – Leaking pipes are another common plumbing problem in the Mesquite area. This occurs when a joint or connection between two pipes becomes loose, allowing water to escape from the pipe and cause flooding. If you notice any signs of leaking such as wet patches on walls or floors, be sure to contact a professional plumber right away to assess the situation before it gets worse.
- Low Water Pressure – Low water pressure is an often-overlooked plumbing issue that can lead to bigger problems down the line if left unresolved. This could mean there is an obstruction in your pipes causing blockage, or that you need a new water filter installed to remove any sediment or minerals in the water supply.
- Corroded Pipes – Over time, your pipes can become corroded or rusted due to various elements such as leaking water, high acidity levels, and other contaminants in the water supply. If left untreated, this can lead to expensive repairs such as pipe replacement. Regular inspections of your plumbing system can help prevent corrosion from occurring and keep your pipes in good condition.
- Broken Faucets – Broken faucets are another common plumbing problem that should be addressed right away to avoid causing further damage. This could mean a loose washer need replacing or you may need to replace the entire fixture if it is beyond repair.
- Poorly Installed Fixtures – Poorly installed fixtures can lead to a variety of plumbing problems such as leaking pipes, broken faucets, and low water pressure. To prevent these issues from occurring, make sure your plumber is properly certified and has the experience to do the job correctly.
- Running Toilets – A running toilet is another common plumbing problem in Mesquite which occurs when you hear a continuous or intermittent dribble of water coming from the bowl. This could be caused by an issue with the flapper valve not closing properly or because the tank is filling too quickly due to a leak.
- Slab Leak – Slab leaks occur when a water pipe leaks underneath the concrete slab foundation of your home. This can cause major damage to your foundation and should be addressed right away by a professional plumber. When you approach a pro experienced in slab leak repair in Rockwall, TX, they will use an infrared camera to locate the leak and then use specialized tools and techniques to fix it.
- Sewer Line Issues – Sewer line issues are common in Mesquite due to the hard water and soil type that can cause blockages in the pipes, leading to sewage backups and other costly repairs. Make sure you have regular inspections done on your sewer lines to catch any issues early on before they become worse.
- Frozen Pipes – Frozen pipes are yet another plumbing problem commonly seen in the colder months in Mesquite, TX. If left untreated, this could lead to bursting pipes and flooding inside of your home. Make sure you keep your home warm during the winter months and have any necessary repairs done to prevent pipes from freezing.
No matter what plumbing issue you’re facing in Mesquite, it’s important to address it right away before it gets worse. Make sure you hire a professional plumber that is experienced and certified to handle the job properly. This will help ensure your plumbing problems are taken care of quickly and efficiently so you can get back to life as normal.
For additional information, reach out to James Armstrong Plumbing now at 863-557-4608. Our experienced and certified plumbers can handle all of your plumbing needs, from simple fixes to more complex problems. We take pride in providing quality customer service and ensuring all our clients are completely satisfied with our work. Call us today for a free consultation!