Maxishine has done it again, this time breaking the 80 FPS mark in Crysis, and this time using a dual core. Looks like my 8800’s not kicking it anymore.
The DualShock 3 will replace the SixAxis Playstation 3 controller. Sony has realized that gamers wanted force feedback, which the SixAxis didn’t have. Dualshock 3 was released in November in Japan. The DualShock 3 controller will be available in the United States on April 15. The DualShock 3 will retail for $54.99, which is $5 more than the SixAxis controller.
The SixAxis will no longer be in production after it sells out through retail. Playstation 3 systems will now be shipping with DualShock 3 controllers.
If you just built or bought a new computer, upgraded your computer, or just for some reason need a new operating system, you have probably wondered if you should buy the 64 bit version or the 32 bit one. This will depend on two things – the hardware and software you use.
First of all let me say why I’ll be talking about Windows Vista here. XP x64 has proven to have terrible hardware and software support. So if you want a 64 bit Windows OS, it should be Vista.
Now on to the hardware. Most hardware that’s a few years old will be supported under Vista x64. But to be completely sure, go to your hardware manufacturer’s website and double check the drivers section for your product for a Vista x64 version. My three year old Epson printer was supported, but my six year old Linksys wireless USB adapter was not.
You also need to make sure your digital cameras are supported, your USB accessories, and stuff like that. Most USB hard drives and optical drives will work. It’s things like printers, cameras, wireless, bluetooth, cell phones, and stuff like that that need to be double checked.
Most software will work in 64 bit Vista, but once again, if you need to use specific programs, make sure they work.
This has just been released a few days ago, and it has to be one of the best cinematic mods I’ve seen. I think the screenshots will do all the explaining for me.
- Raise the quite outdated graphical appearance to a state-of-the-art level
- Give the HL2 trilogy a more stressed, darker and minatory look
- Complement the atmosphere with a emotional cinematic music soundtrack that fits the action on the screen
- Replace the low-resolution textures with high resolution counterparts and more detailed environments
- Complement the storyline with the unused content from the original games
- Refresh the look and feel with optional new HD models
- Add more replay-value to the game
– DX9 capable graphics hardware with minimum 256 MB VRAM. (512 MB recommended)
– 3 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
– Fully installed STEAM Client; You can’t start the mod without STEAM running.
– Fully installed and unlocked HL2 / EP1 / EP2; Make sure, you have started those games in the past.
And in addition to this, 32-bit operating systems are not supported. That means you need to have either XP Pro x64 or a x64 version of Vista to play “without crashes”.
You can download it here.